How to clean a leather watch band
Clean the leather strap to extend the life of the strap while removing dirt and odor caused by sweat. Here is how to bring luster to the leather strap with good cleaning.
1. Clean the leather strap once a week with a damp cloth and air dry.
2. Mix with 1 tablespoon of baking soda and equal amount of water
3. Rub the soda on all sides of the leather to remove stubborn stains, dirt and odor.
4. Scrub the baking soda with a damp cloth and let the leather belt dry overnight.
5. Rub the saddle soap on the strap. Then wipe off the excess which will restore the natural sheen of the leather. Saddle soap can be found at the tack store and many boot sellers.
6. If you don't have saddle soap, apply a few drops of olive oil to the tape and rub the oil onto the leather.
7. Polish the strap with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
In addition, the 3S principle should be adhered to for cleaning the leather strap. The so-called 3S principle refers to the use of a Skin-compatible lotion, a Soft wet cloth, and the Soon air-drying. Try to avoid the strap from coming into contact with the water. If it gets wet, it should be worn after drying to avoid odor.
Tips: The belt is most afraid of water and sweat, it is also a consumable item, need to be replaced after used a long time, in addition to the odor, hardening is also a common symptom. If it is found that there is open glue or cracks on the surface, it should be replaced immediately to prevent your watch from being lost.
In winter, the strap has a high degree of hardening, and it is easy to have a curved shape. At this time, do not fold the leather back, so as not to damage the cortex;
When you bath& sleep, it is best to put the strap in the windy place, let the cortical cells open to breathe.
Regardless of the grade of the belt, if it is an ordinary belt, it is recommended to replace it every two years, because the toughness and tensile strength will drop very much after the belt has been used for a long time, that is, it is easy to be “brittle”; if it is a crocodile belt I hope to go to the professional cleaning shop every other year to clean, do not handle it yourself.