How to maintain quartz watch
Don't want to look for a watch repair shop frenquently? 10 Tips on how to take care of your watch would help.
A watch is not just a watch that tells time. Usually, our personal memories and stories are related to it. Moreover, if the watch maintained well, you can pass the watch to future generations and it can become a spiritual sustenance. Watches are not difficult to stay in top shape as long as they are properly taken care of, and you don't need to look for a watch repair shop frenquently.
1. Clean the watch. Wipe the band and watch with a soft cloth to remove dirt or dust. Remove the dirt from the watch every few months and keep it clean make watch new for a long time.
2. Get your watch serviced every two or threes years for a mechanical watch and three to four years for a quartz watch.
3. Keep away from magnets. Some people may not know that putting a watch close to a magnet may have a negative impact on the timekeeping of the watch.
4. Understand the waterproof performance of the watch. Most watches today are waterproof, but older watches tend to lose their water resistance over time. If your watch is not waterproof, or just for daily use, don't wear watch bathing or swimming. Also, if your watch has a leather strap, avoid letting the watch wet or the moisture will weaken the leather.
5. Take care of the crystal. This is still very important and worth mentioning. Take as much precaution as possible to prevent the crystal of the watch from hitting the wall or any other object that may cause scratches.
6. Keep the watch box for storage. If you don't wear a watch, it's best to put it in a box by placing the watch on the side or the crystal side up. The watch box is made to ensure the safety of the watch and to protect the watch.
7. Avoid extended exposure to the sun. Sunlight can fade the color of the watch. In addition, heat can shorten battery life, so it's best to avoid placing your watch in direct sunlight for a long time.
8. Avoid your watches contact with chemicals such as cleaning supplies, especially if the watch has a leather belt. Perfume can damage the strap, weaken it and can cause it to tear. When spraying perfume or cologne, wait until the perfume is completely dry before putting the watch on your wrist.
Megalith watch above: 8030M | Quartz Men Watch | Leather Band
9. Don't open your watch yourself. Leave it to the watchmaker. Opening the watch by yourself may expose it to dust, dirt and other particles that may enter the movement, so it is best to leave it to the professional.
10. Read the watch manual. This step are likely to apply to the maintenance of every luxury watch. Each watch has certain features that are likely to be listed in the watch manual.
To maintain the quartz watch, you need to mind the temperature you expose it to, store it in the right place, and care for other watch parts that need proper maintenance. Most of all, care your watch well and it will naturally care you. Yes, you would not need to look for watches repair shop frenquently now.